Cubes 0.6 released
New version of Cubes - Python OLAP framework and server - was released.
Cubes is a framework for:
- Online Analytical Processing - OLAP, mostly relational DB based - ROLAP
- multidimensional analysis
star and snowflake schema denormalisation
- Documentation: http://packages.python.org/cubes
- Python Package page: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/cubes
- added ‘details’ to cube metadata - attributes that might contain fact details which are not relevant to aggregation, but might be interesting when displaying facts (such as contract name or notes)
- added ordering of facts in aggregation browser
- SQL denormalizer can now, by request, automatically add indexes to level key columns
- one detail table can be used more than once in SQL denomralizer (such as an organisation for both - supplier and requestor), added key
joinsin model description, see joins documentation for more information.
log_levelconfiguration options (under
/facts- comma separated list of returned fields in CSV (see API)
- limit number of facts returned in JSON (configurable by
[server]section), CSV can return whole dataset and will do it iteratively (we do not want to consume all of our memory, do we?)
Also many bugs were fixed, including localization in fact(s) retrieval and pagination. Sharing of single SQLAlchemy engine and model within server thread was added for performance reasons.